In keeping with the Irish holiday this year, I decided to really get into the spirit of St Patrick’s day by doing some festive nail painting! I really wanted to do something simple and classy, and realistically wearable. I’m not really one for super-crazy-funky-psychedelic nail designs (though they are super fun – on other people – ), they’re just not my personal taste most of the time. So I did my nails in what I’d like to call “money green” (hehe!) by combining a few polishes in layers to get some golden flecks, green, shimmer and shamrocks all in the same place!
Today’s nails are done using:
- Nutra Nail Gel Strengthener as a base coat
- 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in “White On” #21 or #300 on the ring finger only
- 1 coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in “Limestone” #620 on all other nails
- 1 coat of Sephora by OPI polish in “Looks Like Rain, Dear” #36 on top of the “limestone”
- 1 coat of Nicole by OPI polish in “Make Mine Lime” #297 on top of the “Looks Like Rain, Dear”
- put a top coat on your ring finger so that you can place 4 heart shaped gems or sequins (in a cluster with the point at the bottom of each heart touching) to make a 4-leafed clover shape
- paint all nails with a good top coat to seal!
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!